Could my extremely tilted cervix be prevented me from getting pregnant?

We've been tryin to get pregnant for almost four years and I know that my cervix is tilted upwards. Could it be preventing us from getting preggers?

Want2BeAMomma

Asked by Want2BeAMomma at 9:38 AM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• my mom has a slighty tilted uterus and it took my parents 6 years to conceive my brother.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 9:59 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• i don't think so. i know that a lited uterus can cause problems, but all your vervix does is work as a "door" from your vagina to your uterus. regardless of how it's tilted, sperm should be able to pass through still.
    mine is "really far up there and to the left" according to all the obgyns i've seen over the years and they never mentioned it could give me problems. and i've been pregnant 4 times.
    of course, i'm no dr. if i were you, i'd ask my dr.
    pugmama

Answer by pugmama at 10:41 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• It could. As your doctor.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 1:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Mine is fully detached and floats around, sometimes painfully. Dr. said if I ever wanted to have a baby, I'd have to get it reattached. With 5 step-children that I love dearly, I see no need. Besides, I'm 39 now. Time for Grandkids!

Go talk to your doctor, and not just him/her. Get a couple different opinions. Through experience, I've found that Dr.'s opinions vary on the subject.
    2TimeWSM

Answer by 2TimeWSM at 3:52 PM on Jul. 12, 2009