Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Medical question...( car accident)

I was in a car accident and have been in physical therapy for almost 6 months now. To make a long story short all of my test results came back that I have damaged nerves in my neck and left arm (hence the numbness there) and i have three damaged discs in my back which makes things difficult like taking car of my kids, driving, food shoping, etc. When I dont go to therapy for a few days the pain is worse but I cant go for the rest of my life! Im so worried and dont know what to do. What kind of treatments do they do for this because I need to get back to work soon. I know my settlement wont be that much, or will it? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get better and has anyone had a lawsuit like this before. If I have problems in the future will my medical be covered?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Health

Answers (1)
  • Are there physical therapy treatments that you should be doing at home? Usually they give you things to do to compliment the treatment you're having at the place.
    I was in a car accident in March 2005. I just got a pre-trial (July 29) offer to settle from the opposing party. I was rear ended at a stop light. Chronic back problems. So for me it's 4.5 years later. I have been in and out of PT all this positive long lasting results. My settlement is based on the amount of insurance the guy had...minimal...almost makes it not worth the suit. But then we go to my "under-insured-drivers coverage" on my own plan. That will not affect my premiums. Once you settle...depending on how the settlement offer is written, chances are you won't be covered from that point on.

    Answer by EireLass at 10:03 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.