Party dilemma......

Im having my kids baptized soon and I dont have alot of money to have a big shin dig afterwards but I am going to do something small back at my house. I kind of have the food and cake figured out but I am having kids here that range in ages 8 months - 10yrs old. What kind of things can I have to keep them all occupied so they arent bored? I know its not a birthday party and its a baptismal but its a reason to celebrate and I want everyone to enjoy themselves. What kind of things did you have/do when you had your child baptized?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• nothing..the family (inlaws and outlaws ) was invited to attend the 'dedication' ceremony..then some of us had dinner together. nothing was done when i was baptised, either, as far as a party is concerned.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:01 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• We had everyone over to our house afterwards. It was only the immediate family (us, aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins), so I think it was around 12 adults and 3 kids. The oldest kid there was my nephew, who at the time was 4 y/o. I had food & cake, and that was it. I didn't have any games for the kids, I was just having everyone over to eat, then they left.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:53 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• at my nephews baptism we just took immediate family and the godfather/mother out to eat afterwards.. the only time I've been to one thta had a party afterward was at my cousin's first communion. Most did have anything set up for the kids to do, beyond be imaginative. lol.

I wouldn't worry too much, kids will find something to do outside, especially in this age group. if you want.. here is a website of activity kits/games you can go through without spending a lot of money... just look through the inspiration section for ideas for games/decorations fitting for this occasion.

http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/shared/sharedFlowController.goToBrowseController.do?&requestURI=viewEndecaCategory&N=377761&sp=true&cm_re=ED-_-INS-_-S1L4
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:30 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• xxhazeldovexx

• I didn't do anything - he was only 2 months old and we had to change the date at the last second because my son's father threatened the priest if he followed through with the baptism, but we do celebrate his baptism anniversary each year with his Godparents with a small dinner or something.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 12:43 PM on Jul. 12, 2009