I am looking to start an excersise program. What have you tried? How did it go?

I have the BEAN and LOVE it, but there is a hole in mine and I have to stop half way through to blow it back up even though we have patched it... So I was looking for something "tool free." I've seen lots of dance ones and "bootcamp" ones but don't know what is best. I have 100lbs to loose yet and need something that I can do in a half hour or so, I don't have hours aday to excersise...

Anything good out there?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 10:06 AM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• My daughter has alot of weight to lose as well, so she started the PX90 program. I'm not totally familiar with it (she's 26, doesn't live with me). She has a bunch of videos, and can do them any time of day without any "tools". There is a diet plan with it, but she has a hard time following it due to her job. She travels alot, she takes the video's everywhere and does them in her hotel room.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 10:09 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Do you have cable? If you have OnDemand there are TONS of great workout videos there-dance,boot camps, yoga, walking programs,ect! And they change so you never get bored!
    You can rent dvds too from hollywood/blockbuster/ Netflix.
    The other day I was reading tips from Jillian & she said that 30min a day IS NOT ENOUGH. :( 30min a day is just for maintance. It keeps you at your CURRENT weight. If you want to lose you should be working out for 1hr or longer ...
    That was heartbreaking for me to read because thats how long i work out.. anything over 30min is just hell. it gets boring & dull. and I wanna start to scream.. I HATE exersizing! lol.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:35 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I do Turbo Jam. I love it because you don't need equipment, except a smile, water, and a towel (the water and towel are optional). :) But I do need the water!
    luvpilates

Answer by luvpilates at 11:16 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I lost 50 lbs and wouldn't spend 30 min a day exercising to save my life. I hate exercising. Build up muscle mass and it will burn the fat off for you. Weight training is quick and easy and only takes a few minutes each day. Watch what you eat, drink lots of water. I also use resistance bands but again, not but a few minutes a day. Count calories and fat grams. Watch your carbs. Cut out junk food, refined sugar and soft drinks. Don't be in a hurry to lose as you will plateau a lot. Be patient but be persistent. I tried to give up many times but my nagging sister wouldn't let me nor would my dr. I had to lose it for my health.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:48 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• i have the same problem. and i really hate alot of excersize...my bff got me 2 walk at home dvd's...it's "full body" walking...and i LOVE it. i do 2-3 miles a day in my living room(takes about 45 minutes, but you can always just do 1 mile), and i started noticing the improvements fast. check out walkathome.com leslie sansome is the creator ans she makes it so much fun.
    i use "walk away your hips and thighs" "walk away your waistline" "walk and tone" and am a huge fan of her "walk boosters" like her toning walk belt and the toning leg bands...seriously, try one of her workouts, i was amazed at the changes i saw in my body from just walking...i get her dvds for everyone i know now
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• also, you don't have to use the bands, the workouts are still great without them, but the bands add extra toning and resistance, which just kicks up the benefits of the workout.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Jul. 13, 2009