Where would this country be without a military?

I am just very curious as to the line of reasoning behind the anti military people. But probably wont be many answer this.

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 10:20 AM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Good question! Can't wait to see the answers.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 10:29 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• As far as I know, there aren't many people who are anti military in general - but millions who do not agree with what they are doing, and what they have the power to do.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Right, plenty of people dont agree with the war and therefore blame it on the soldiers. They HAVE to do what they are told. And a lot of people dont understand that. Military life is completely different from a civilian's life. Soldiers do whats told. A lot of them dont even agree with why they have friends dying in other countries.
    ArmyWife9-2-08

Answer by ArmyWife9-2-08 at 10:38 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• As a former AIR FORCE wife, I am afraid if I see any more negativity my blood pressure will skyrocket. @@ We spent 21 years ,moving every few years, penny-pinching to afford life with three kids and low pay....my DH was about to be drafted in 1966 but went into Officers' Training, then had a year flying over SE Asia and was almost shot out of the sky by a MIG. His military career was not MY choice (We got married before he chose to go to OTS) but I was proud of him and all military personnel. So---I hope the general public---the alert, aware, and educated people---will see how important the Military is for all of us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Where is Sarah and Sara to shed the light for us?? I thought they would be quick to jump on this one.
    RavnJay

Answer by RavnJay at 10:49 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• We would all be dead if not for our military.We would not be free we would be like hitler and the jews hated over run tormented and exterminated.
    whistlemom3

Answer by whistlemom3 at 10:49 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• If we didn't have the military we would be screwed! JMO. The military does alot to protect the citizens. Maybe it is not noticeable to some, but they are there! People only see what they want to see.
    mamaof32007

Answer by mamaof32007 at 10:51 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• we'd be in trouble...if we were even a country anymore. i think just the fact that we have such a great military keeps other countries from seriously screwing w/ us.

wow...my entire life would be different if we didnt have a military. ive gotten to do so many things b/c my dad was in the AF. we'd prolly still live in the same town my parents grew up in & be dirt poor.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:05 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• We, like any country, need a military and defense system, or we would be taken over, lose even the slightest freedoms we take for granted everyday, like freedom of speech and the right to vote. Probably this or that dictator would take over, kill any of us who disagreed with him and we'd be standing there with a shovel, with someone standing over us, being told where to dig.

God Bless America, and our troops.
    dr_m

Answer by dr_m at 11:15 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• We would never have been formed into a country. To even GET to be an independant country, we formed a military and fought. Thats where we started. We would still be ruled by England, more than likely.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Jul. 12, 2009