Question about home insemination?

I feel so bad and not sure if something can go wrong. A month ago my friend asked me if I had a medicine syringe she could have from walgreens to compare it to the one she had. I had used it a couple weeks prior to give my son antibiotics. I rinsed it with water but thats it. I didnt think to tell her it was previously used because she was suppose to compare it to see if it looked like hers and throw it out! Well she told me yesterday she is pregnant. I called her a hootch thinking she went out and slept with some random guy because she is not in a relationship.. She said no and asked me if I remember the medicine syringe I gave her. And then proceeded to tell me a close friend donated his sperm and she used the syringe I gave her to suck it up and deposit the sperm inside of her. All I want to know is if there were left over antibiotics in that syringe could it have affected the sperm and a abnormal sperm fertilized her egg?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• um... i honestly think that she would have washed it herself, as well..

This is unusual! I've never heard of such a thing!
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 1:21 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I don't think it would have hurt the sperm but I'm not sure. This is how I intend to get pregnant at a later date.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 3:14 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I never heard of this before. Wow im in shock, im ttc and I might just try it!
    demelina12

Answer by demelina12 at 4:41 AM on Jul. 13, 2009