I'm 37 weeks and 6 days pregnant.

I'm 37 weeks and 6 days pregnant. I had a false alarm two days ago, but I'm 1/2 cm dilated. I have been having a constant lower dull back pain, which only gets worse when i get up and walk around. The pain also shoots down my leg. I feel a little uncomfort in my abdomen. Does anyone know what's going on?

Mary0727

Asked by Mary0727 at 11:29 AM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• could be back labor!
    I didn't know I was in labor until my waterbroke later that day LOL I was always told you only feel it in your tummy- No one told me you could only have back labor!
    It started off as a dull pain, hurt to walk or move to much, than my waterbroke and it ws the WORST feeling I've ever had in my intire LIFE, back labor is HORRIBLE!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 11:31 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• id go in and get checked out alot of woman have labor pains in their backs
    Riosmommy

Answer by Riosmommy at 11:51 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• It could be the early stages of labor, or since it's shooting into your legs it could be the baby pinching your sciatic nerve.

Go to your dr or labor and delivery and get it checked though. I had my first baby at 37 weeks and was in labor with her for over 10 hours and didn't even know it until my water broke.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 12:07 PM on Jul. 12, 2009