Smoking pot and pregnancy

I just read that some mother thought it to be a GREAT idea to smoke pot for the first 13 weeks of pregnancy to "Cure" her morning sickness- isn't that the time when the brain and heart developes????!
what kind of person would smoke pot pregnant, let alone during the most IMPORTANT time of development!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Ugh I don't know. Some women don't think pot is a drug PERIOD so they justify using it whenever they want to. They all need to go talk to a girl I went to high school with who has an 18 month old baby girl who can't even hold her own head up. She is expected to die within the next few years. Her mom smoked pot throughout her entire 9 months, every single day. She drank and smoked cigarettes as well too. Some people think that just because they've heard or known someone who did things you shouldn't do during pregnancy, had normal, healthy, babies, that they will be fine. It's the "its not going to happen to me" attitude.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:45 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I bet that it was more than likely caused by the alcohol and not the pot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• that's sad.. there are a lot of people that do it.. and it pisses me off..

hell caffeine is a drug while pregnant too... and if that's a no-no, why would pot be okay??? I wonder if these women ever even talk to a doctor?
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:58 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• i wonder that too, hazel. it seems a lot of women tend to ask CM first, before their obgyns.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:06 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• The face develops at less then 6 weeks. I know this because my son was born with a cleft lip and palate. Does this person want to risk a birth defect?
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 12:22 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• okay I am totally going to get bashed for this but oh well....I smoked pot whilst pregnant and my son is fine...basically it came down to living in the hospital for the entire time which i could not afford and risk my son having issues due to me being mal nurished.... or smoking a small amount of pot so I could keep food and drink down...i am not saying that i went out and partied....I smoked at home maybe 1x a day from week 10 on.....I saw my doctor regularly and I stopped probably about a month before he was born because I could finally eat again......I also took benedryl daily so i could breath cause of allergies....
    Lillette

Answer by Lillette at 12:36 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• ive heard that helps i never tried it but i know this baby who was seperated from her mother because of it i just think thats retarded i dont want to put my baby in danger he didnt ask to be here give them a heads up
    queenmary1o1

Answer by queenmary1o1 at 12:38 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I think it's funny people are so worried about pot in pregnancy but think nothing of letting their OB pump them full of chemicals (pitocin and epidurals) in labor.
    Anonymous

• I have a couple of friends who smoked throughout their whole pregnancies for "morning sickness" and they told me while I was preggo "well studies show... *yadda yadda*, my child(ren) are very smart for their age, they didnt have any problems and their children turned out fine....." they felt my views on it not being safe were all from wrong sources and government mind games. when I was 1st preggo I lived with roommates who toked all the time and just the smell of it got me nauseaus so I kicked them out to smoke in the shed and moved soon after. I'm not gonna risk inhaling carbon monixide and tar, and the thc gets to the fetus which can delay growth among other possible things. not worth it.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:57 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Pitocin doesn't and epidurals don't reac baby. I think the above explanation is an excuse. Sorry it is. Rationalizing behavior doesn't change what it is.People who do it want want to look smart and say thing like it makes the baby smarter, or you can"t prove it's bad. It's a carcinogen,which we know isn't good,plus I have found several valid links proving it's not safe. Pre term babies and pre term labor have been proven. Why risk it with rationalizing bs.
    Anonymous