Timing contractions

I'm due anytime now and was wondering how I'm supposed to time the contractions... I know they should be 4 min apart and last for 30 sec to 1 min, but will I experience pain the entire 30-60 sec or will I only feel it at the peak of the contraction? This is my first baby and I'm starting to feel light cramping so I'm hoping the real thing is close!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• depends really on how your body willl handle it
    youll know tho when the are real lol
    i think you shouls feel it the whole time
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:51 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• you time from when you start to feel a tight strong cramp till it stops hurting.....however be careful because i just had my first baby and was going to wait as long as possible to go to the hospital. I was always told you had to wait till the contractions were regular. Mine fluctuated from 5 to 7 minutes apart and some where 30 seconds others were 2 minutes, so we thought it was false labor. My doctor made me go ahead and come get checked out.. i wasn't even dilated when i went in however 2 hours later i was at 2 - 3 cm. so they decided to admit me finally and i went to 9 cm. in 15 minutes a pusing in 5 more. even though i had to walk the halls for 2 hours if i would have waited i would have had her in the car or at home because untill that sudden jump my contractions stayed irregular just as when i came in. Everyones different so good luck with everything. Oh and i started cramping just a day before my delivery.
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 11:57 AM on Jul. 12, 2009