Potatoes on kabobs?

I don't think it will work because potatoes take longer to cook than most meats and veggies, but I have a feeling one of you girls probably knows a way around that?

MythicMMM

Asked by MythicMMM at 11:58 AM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Food & Drink

• We have done sliced potatos on the grill; grilled sweet potatoes are beyond amazing. I don't see why you can't do white potatoes; be sure use a really firm potato and you may want to parboil for a couple of minutes.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:17 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Boil them for a bit first to cook them slightly so they have a head start and will finish at the same time as the meat and veggies. I usually do my veggies on one and meat on another since they don't always have the same cook time.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:48 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• You can par boil them by putting them in water on the stove for just a few min to begin their cooking, then drain, put a touch of olive oil and seasoning like rosemary, basil, garlic salt, etc. and then grill in a grilling basket.

If you do them small enough, grill them quickly to brown, then make an amazing grilled pot. salad!
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 2:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I either boil them for a few minutes first or nuke them.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 3:56 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I steam them in the microwave first. Cut into cubes first, put in a bowl with a couple tbs of water cover with plastic wrap. Cook on high 3 minutes; stir. Recover & cook 2-4 more minutes or until just tender. Drain. I also do this before I roast potatoes-cuts the cooking time in 1/2.
    bocamom62

Answer by bocamom62 at 3:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2009