Christians.. ??

okay.. I keep reading about the dooms day theory again..

here's my question:

why are you worried about doomsday? If your right about your religion you should be rejoicing shouldn't you? I mean if you truly belief in your religion, and put so much stock into you, why would YOU be afraid if dooms day happens?

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 12:08 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• "The teacher is coming! Quick, everyone sit down and pretend you've been reading!"

"The Savior is coming! Quick, everyone be ready and pretend you've been good Christians!"

Anonymous

• Believers have no reason to be afraid of when Jesus returns.

For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these word.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-18

Samantha_1629

Answer by Samantha_1629 at 12:16 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• anon..too funny!
    but i think you may have hit the proverbial nail on the head.
    OP..idk why they worry so much, think about it so much. yes, i do want to enjoy Heaven and all its glory, but i'm quite enjoying my life on earth, too...i feel i have much living to do! is the world heading down the tubes? probably, since the beginning. but heck, the tubes are what you make it!
    i understand wanting to make sure everyone 'escapes hell' in favor of Heaven..but you can only talk so much, before you turn people off. i feel like if you (xtians) are open to the urgings of the Holy Spirit (so hard to not say 'spigot' after seeing ''four weddings and a funeral''..lol), then He will direct you the proper time/words to say to the person(s) who are also 'open' to hearing about such things. otherwise, your words fall on deaf ears..and hot tempers. JMO
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:40 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I am not scared of jesus returning. When it happens you just have to be ready for it!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 1:29 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I'm not worried about it to be honest with you.

Anticipation Anxiety is a normal part of the psychology of a human being. I've seen case studies where they measured the effects of Anticipation Anxiety on the nervous sytem and heart rate and what factors cause Anticipation Anxiety. Knowing something that you BELIEVE will happen is going to happen in the very near future is cause for anxiety for that person, not necessarily because they haven't been a "good Christian" but because of the psychology of it alone.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:31 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Anon - That was too funny!

I have always felt the same way. Why be affraid of something that you believe isn't going to harm you? I dunno, maybe they are just afraid that without all the non-believers they won't have anyone interesting to chat with??
    Anonymous

• The only thang tha concerns me about "doom's day" or Christ's return, is that there are so many who don't believe and will be condemned.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 2:45 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I'm not worried about it. It's not going to change anything. I know where I'll be =)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Okay, I must be missing something, but I dont know what Dooms day is. If youre referring to the second coming of Christ, then I dont consider that dooms day. Thats when Christ returns for his bride, the church. I would think that most people would be rejoicing. THe ones that truly understand anyway. Ive never heard it called that, so forgive me for not understanding..
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2009