• In the Spotlight:

does anyone know if its bad for a toddler to drink tooo much milk ?

bella021

Asked by bella021 at 12:09 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Too much of anything is not good for anyone. Moderation is pretty much always best.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 12:39 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• people on here say there is such thing as milk aemia but when i asked my dr about she said this applys to kids under 1 who r switched to whole milke to soon. my dd is 4 and she drinks a half a gallon of milk a day to her self and my dr said thats its fine and shes very heathly...yes i push milk and water...no juices or soda for her b/c of her getting utis all the time
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 12:39 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• toddler should drink a max of 20 ozs a day. That is alot. Usually 8oz for brakfast 4oz for lunch and 8oz for dinner or supper.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 12:51 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• It can cause constipation in some. Our pediatrician says no more than 20-24oz per day. And he has our boys on 2% (from the beginning)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:08 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Too much milk can hinder the absorbsion of iron and cause anemia.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 2:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• My first pediatrician said 15-20 oz so that's the rule we've gone by (the iron absorption thing, but also, it can wear on their digestive systems). Our current pediatrician encourages a little more, like "around 24" a day.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:33 PM on Jul. 12, 2009