Cleaning laminate floors.... HELP ME!!

I have wood laminate floors. I HATE cleaning them, because everything I have tried leaves stains or spots on the floor. What cleaning product do you use? And what kind of mop to you use? How do you clean your mop? I have tried many of them and hate them all.

I really, really, really want that steam mop I have seen on TV, :-)

anyway, what advice do you have???

TIA!

ratchetlee

Asked by ratchetlee at 12:46 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I use the swiffer wetjet on my laminate floors, but they aren't wood. Shaw (the flooring company) makes a good spray-on cleaner as well. You can find it at your local home improvement stores (I always find it at Menards, not sure if you have them by you or not). They also have this swiffer-like mop thingy to use with it that has a washable cover so you aren't always buying them.
    Heather2001

Answer by Heather2001 at 4:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I have them. I use a wood floor product that comes in a squirt bottle. Just squirt it on the floors and use a regular sponge mop. They come out beautifully.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 12:48 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I have just hard wood floors (not the laminate) and I use the Swiffer wet jet. I love it!

But I know the steam mop you are talking about and I totally want one!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:49 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• The steam mop might still put too much moisture forcing it into the wood and make it swell.

I use a swiffer wet jet, only I spray Mr. Clean with febreeze on them (b/c it doesn't put too much water onto the floor) and then mop it up. It works for mine just fine. :) Matter of fact, that's what I'm about to do. I'm doing summer cleaning.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 2:34 PM on Jul. 12, 2009