• In the Spotlight:

Good question for pro choicer's to ponder...

IF a fetus in the womb is NOT a life why bother to try and reduce the amount of abortions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Most PCers will readily admit that a fetus IS a life, or at least the potential for one. We just don't think its rights outweigh those of the woman carrying it
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 12:49 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• what kind of answer are you looking for? And does everyone that's pro choice have to believe a fetus is not a life? You sound like you want drama lady.
    Anonymous

• Here's another good question if hypothetically a gene related to homosexuality was isolated and parents wanted to abort those babies would you support it?
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 12:50 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Who's trying to reduce the numbers? Not me. I think the people that are overly concerned with abortions are only thinking of people who irresponsibly have unprotected sex and use abortion as birth control.
    I'm pro-choice. My abortion was to save my own (mental health) life as a very young girl who was raped. Sometimes abortion is the choice you make when you're trying to pick the least of all evils.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 12:51 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• No not looking for drama just an honest question.No mir I would not.
    Anonymous

• Whatever happened to the rights of the mother? Just playing devil's advocate. I don't support aborting homosexual babies.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 12:56 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Basically to try to shut up you pro lifers.
    Anonymous

• Technically everything is a life. But this question good? No,it's assenine since it's pro lifers that want to abortion to end altogether...what are you getting at here?
    Anonymous

• Question...what's more important, saving a mother who already has a child and a hubby...who can potentially have more children in the future....so now, let's say, her health is at stake during this current pregnancy.... should her life be spared, and hence save this little boy from having to be mommy-less, and a hubby wife-less....or should she be killed and the baby saved, now leaving 2 little kids with no moms and a hubby still wife-less...........
    Anonymous

• Did I state my stance anywhere? Although yes I am pro life so of course IF abortion were to truely be cut back i'd be more content with that then nothing.Nice of you to come through with a condesending attitude though being that I only care because I know it is a life being taken.As for cutting back actually happening...not buying it that is what the politicians say knowing it is BS.
    Anonymous