Conception problem...

My husband and I are ready to start trying for another baby. The problem is that I'm still breastfeeding for my 8 month old and I haven't had a period since before I got pregnant with my son. Is it possible for me to get pregnant right now?

Shannashell

Asked by Shannashell at 12:54 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• possible yes but not as likely... It's better for your body if you wait till you're no longer breastfeeding I believe nature knows this and that's why our period and regular ovulation doesn't return until after the breastfeeding business is done with. If you plan on breastfeeding longer and want to start trying seriously yes it's possible make sure you are eating well taking good prenatals and don't get your hopes up my doctor said that only some women ovulate while breastfeeding and when they do it's hard to pinpoint when because it's sporadic. GL
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 1:17 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• You can still get pregnant. Didn't anyone tell you while you are breast feeding you most likely will not get your period? But you can still get pregnant. If you are living healthy, which assume you are since you are breast feeding, just take a test every month to see if it has happened yet.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 1:17 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• It is possible, but unlikely. Some women rarely ovulate without a menstrual cycle. I didn't ovulate after my DD until my period started again.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 1:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2009