Do most men turn controlling after getting married?

Like they dont tell you do this do that dont do this dont do that..but when you do something they get pissed you did it expecting you not to do it again over and over

shedevil121208

Asked by shedevil121208 at 1:03 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• Not in my house. I'm the boss lol
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 1:04 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I would never put up with that.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 1:05 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I had a husband like that, way befoer I met my DH. Literally on the ride home from the church, he started in on "Well now that we are married, some things are going to have to change.." We were married for two months. I would not put up with that kind of attitude, its a red flag for spousal abuse that just gets worse (not better!) with time.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 1:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• My husband and I are currently separated and I had some huge issues with him, control being one of them. He would never outright tell me "don't do blah blah blah" but he would always criticize what I was doing or get upset at me for things I did, and guilt is a form of control and abuse just the same. And yes, it did get worse, so Emuu is right.....and it's a scary thing.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 1:15 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I wouldn't put up with that at all. I'm more controlling lol.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 1:16 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• My husband was bossy before we married. It doesnt bother me cause I'm a GAW, grown ass women...
    MONIVEMOM

Answer by MONIVEMOM at 1:22 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Like I tell my DH.I do what I want to..You're not my boss.
    I would not put up with my DH telling me ""You can't do this or that. I am not a child.

Answer by louise2 at 1:32 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Are you saying that your husband is controlling you by asking you to stop a behavior that makes him angry? I don't think that is controlling..it is just what you should be doing. Are you continually doing things to piss him off?
    momtoeight

Answer by momtoeight at 2:05 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• It's happened to me three times. I have even warned my dd's about getting married. Some men change after you sign on the dotted line. They hide that controlling thing until they think they have you trapped as "their wife" then they turn from Dr Jykell to mean Mr Hyde. I don't trust my judgment about men anymore so I just stay single. I date them and use them but no more surprises with that marriage "you are my wife you will do as I say" crap for me.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:17 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• its NOT just an all of sudden kinda thing....he was that way BEFORE you married him and now that your "his property" he feels he has the right to teel you to act in a certain manner...

Anonymous