Anyone her have a child on a PTPI trip?

My daughter is on a People to People International trip to France & England and I am just looking for other PTPI parents. I am really interested to hear about your experience with the program.

LaylianM

Asked by LaylianM at 1:10 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• How old is your daughter? That program sounds exciting!
    When I was a teen I wanted to be a foreign exchange student, but it was much too costly. I didn't know there were still programs in existence today.
    I hope your daughter has a wonderful time. I would love to hear all about it!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:29 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• to PrydferthMenyw:

She is 11 years old and going into the sixth grade. She is going over to France & Englad with People to People International. PTPI is a group formed by Eisenhower years ago to promote international understanding. Unfortunately it is not inexpensive but we had a year to raise the funds and thanks to family help we managed to get her there. I highly recommend that all parents check the program out and I would still love to hear from anyone who has! I am a wreck, I know she is safe and having fun but I miss her!
    LaylianM

Answer by LaylianM at 5:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2009