I am 28 weeks pregnant, and was told by the doctor no sex or orgasm.......

Because I have low lying placenta. I was actually diagnosed a little while ago , but at that point they said sex was okay. Now because I am further along they said no sex or orgasm because it can cause bleeding. I was wondering if anyone else had this same condition and what their doctors said?
Also what did you do or would you do about your husband? Its been at least a month since we could/did have sex, maybe even longer.My husband still wants me to "take care" of him, which is hard for me because then I want to have sex also, and I cant. He also does things to get me turned on trying to get me to "take care" of him, but he knows I cant have sex. I mentioned it to him, and he said well what do you want me to do, go take care of myself in the bathroom? I said well, at least then no one else would have to know about it. You would think that would have made him leave me alone? Nope! So what are your opinions or past experience?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was not aloud sex or orgasm after 32 weeks, and all I did was "take care" of him once a week. Anything more than that he can do his damned self.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:22 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• That's so insensitive of your husband. If you feel like being nice or playful sometimes, "take care" of him because you want to, not because you have to.
    We were told to be careful with sex too because I had a short cervix, and I guess sex could've started labor. So we had sex less because sometimes I think that's the only thing that kept me sane at times during my pregnancy.
    Tell him to use his hand. I'm sure if you don't mind, he won't mind.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 1:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Ugh! my doc told me i have a low lying placenta, but it could move up still. Im hoping it does because this sounds like what my husband would do. Id be a total beotch about it tho and make him take care of himself. lol
    valerielehne

Answer by valerielehne at 1:42 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Make him happy if you want to, but he still needs to cuddle you and give you as much as you can have without teasing. If you're loving him, he better be loving you the best that he can.
    ours

Answer by ours at 3:05 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• When i had my first ultrasound i was 11 weeks i went to the ER because i was having pains in my left side they found nothing wrong but recently (months later) my doctor said that ultrasound showed i had a low placenta and said hopefully as the baby grows it will move up and just last week the ultrasound tech said it looked fine

hopefully yours will do the same and as far as sex goes i have it as much as i like which is often and my doctor never told me to avoid it
    Anonymous

• personally I think that since you'e carrying his baby that if you can't have sex/orgasm, neither can he. I know a lot of couples who compromise this way or similar. Like the mom giving up smoking/alcohol for nine months and dad does too as a respect thing. Or for example, when my DH and I would go out he would have to do me a personal favor for every drink he had (foot massage, paint my toenails, etc.) Maybe you could come up with a system like that if you don't want to tell him NO...although I would tell him NO. LOL
    Mindi7806

Answer by Mindi7806 at 5:53 AM on Jul. 13, 2009