I ran over a bunny rabbit!

I feel so bad, It was yesterday night on the way home from the supermarket with my mom, and she said " a rabbit!!" but before I could see where it was it was too late, I had ran over it, and I heard the crunching of the bones underneath the tires, looked back and saw the bunny flattened on the road...I'm a huge huge animal lover, I feel terrible, even though it was an accident, I'd rather it had been a bunny though than a person... have you ever ran over an animal?

prettymama0607

Asked by prettymama0607 at 1:21 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Pets

• Yes, a squirrel. And then a cat literally ran into my back tire. I felt so bad. :(
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 1:25 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Deer, raccoons, possums, skunks, but no house-hold animals as of yet.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:30 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Rabbits are over poulated animals that run out in front of cars constantly. I hit one and it's head flew off.Gross but didn't feel bad. Hell I killed a 150 lb deer with my car and we kept it for meat.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 1:30 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Driving home one night my husband and i saw a raccoon and ran it over.It was weird because it look at us at we were going towards it.We could of had time to stop but there was a care tailgating us and my son was in the car and I didn't want to get in a wreck. I felt bad for a couple of days.
    Dylansmom32509

Answer by Dylansmom32509 at 1:45 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• The first time was when a cat ran right into the side of my car. I stopped and picked it up and then turned into the nearest driveway. A man came out and I asked if he knew who owned the cat. He says yes, that is Thomas. It was his...I felt so bad and offered one of mine kittens but he refused. The second (and last) time, I also hit a rabbit. Worse then crunching it I actually drug it for several feet and made a horrible mess on the road. I avoided that road for awhile because I couldn't stand to see it.
    momtoeight

Answer by momtoeight at 2:42 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I backed over my neighbors kitten once. He has like 40 cats so I don't think he noticed or cared.
    Anonymous

• I hit a bird once. I have always seen them in the road picking at litter, but they wait until the last second to fly away. I thought that was what had happened, until I noticed in the rearview mirror a huge puff of feathers behind the car. I felt bad too, but it was certainly an accident.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 10:17 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• My two mini weiner dogs killed a jack rabbit in our backyard a couple of weeks ago. It must have jumped over the wall. I know it's nature, but I felt terrible for the thing. I can't believe those two lovable idiots were smart enough to corner it, but by the time I figured out what was going on, it was too late. We live in the middle of the city. By the freeway. In a million years I would never have thought we'd get a wild rabbit in our yard.

lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 1:03 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I ran over a bunny one day when I was coming home from youth group with my dad.
    He laughed at me =[

I thought I had enough time for mr.(or mrs.) bunny to get across the road...but apparently I didn't and all I heard was a really loud screech and a CRUNCH....
    I cried....

My mom ran over a snapping turtle with her truck once....now that was funny...
    Gross, but funny.
    LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 9:05 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• OMG That's sooo upsetting~! I ran over a little bird once...My Mom tried to comfort me saying it must have been sick to not have flown away, but still... hard to get over, you poor thing, don't beat yourself up alright? Stuff happens ...(((HUGS)))
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 1:32 AM on Jul. 17, 2009