Pot and fertility

I suffer from severe anxiety disorder, I have chosen to smoke pot to allieviate it. (legally, I have my card and everything) I never smoke around my son, but I am wondering if smoking pot is preventing me from getting pregnant again. I prefer not to take all the chemicals in Rx meds because of a bad experience with some when I was younger (permanently damaged kidneys). When I got preggers with my son I stopped smoking as soon as I found out, and I stayed on the meds prescribed until I was done breastfeeding,but then I went back to the pot. It has no side effects other than calming me down. I just don't want to find out in 5 yrs that the meds I've been taking every day so I could have another kid have shortened my life enough to prevent me from seeing them grow. Any advice? (No preachers please, I've seen you on the other threads, I know your opinions, I'm looking for help)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It might be possible. I actually know this girl who is pregnant and she should absolutely NOT be a mother. but she smokes a lot of pot. Everytime she smokes it she bleeds. Im not positive that the pot is causing the bleeding but she only bleeds when she smokes so I assumed its the problem. With that in mind it would make sense that its stopping you from getting pregnant all together
    Anonymous

• bleeds how? like gets a period?
    Anonymous