Anyone from Anchorage, Alaska?

Our family is leaving for Alaska this week. I would love to find a good local restaurant in Anchorage. We love to eat at local owned and not the typical chains when on vacation. We have found that the small out of the way places can have some good eats.

livinghealthy

Asked by livinghealthy at 2:22 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Travel

• I don't live in AK, but I have a friend from HS who does live there and has for the past 5 years. I could ask him for you! Just PM me with the subject Alaska and when he gets back to me, I'll get back to you.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 2:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I live in Anchorage .
    *Club Paris-best steak in Anchorage,417 West 5th Avenue,RESERVATIONS recommended. (907)277-6332.
    *Moose's Tooth -moosestooth.net, over 40 styles of hand-tossed stone baked pizza,(907) 258-2537, 3300 Old Seward HWY.
    *Simon and Seaforts, 420 L.St 274-3502. Best food & stunning view of Cook Inlet.
    You can find other places and thing to do at ALASKA.com
    Tristana

Answer by Tristana at 10:10 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Thanks for the tips and the website ALASKA.com. Going to check it out.
    livinghealthy

Answer by livinghealthy at 12:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Gwennie's on Spenard - read About us at http://www.gwenniesrestaurant.com/ Or Sourdough Mining Company http://www.sourdoughmining.com/
    CubasFamily

Answer by CubasFamily at 12:09 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• omg, i LOVE Gwennie's.... they are AWESOME
    and i have to agree that Club Paris has Awesome steak... though they are super busy during tourist season!
    AudlyLuvly

Answer by AudlyLuvly at 2:32 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• OMG. I love Simon and Seaforts. Their halibut cheeks are AMAZING. Mooses' Tooth is really good as well, as long as you like pizza. :) I eat a lot of Korean and there are a couple of good places near me. YUM.
    KelsJez

Answer by KelsJez at 3:14 AM on Jul. 14, 2009