• In the Spotlight:

Cap & Trade Bill Includes Section on Type and Placement of Trees on YOUR Property!

WTH?! As it is currently written the Cap & Trade/Climate Change Bill Also includes an entire section devoted to the establishment of what will likely be a "Tree Czar!" LOL

SEC. 205. TREE PLANTING PROGRAMS.

(4) The term ‘tree-siting guidelines’ means a comprehensive list of science-based measurements outlining the species and minimum distance required between trees planted pursuant to this section, in addition to the minimum required distance to be maintained between such trees and--

(A) building foundations;

(B) air conditioning units;

(C) driveways and walkways;

(D) property fences;

(E) preexisting utility infrastructure;

(F) septic systems;

(G) swimming pools, and;

(H) other infrastructure as deemed appropriate.

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h2454/text?version=rh&nid=t0:rh:2351

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 2:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Lorikeet. . . Is your crystal ball broken again? You mean you didn't know 7 1/2 years ago when you planted that some idiot rookie from illinois was going to try to rule the universe and your garden at the same time?

Oh, and the government planted BAD plants so we need bigger government to control planting argument? Hilarious!

You know who will decide who gets to plant what where? Some jackass senator's cousin who is going to make a sh**load off of this and kick a percent back to his benefactor's campaign fund.

THAT'S how Washington works. Obama is the same.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• go talk to your congressman instead of us commonfolk!
    Anonymous

• When we built our house 7 1/2 years ago, our lot was WIDE open! We have since planted over 75 shade and evergreen trees and large shrubs on our property....but WHAT IF we planted them too close to other property lines, walkways, our inground pool, or they are the right KIND of tree?! Are we to rip them out, and start over...at who's expense?!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:47 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• And? A lot of cities and counties already have this sort of thing written into their zoning laws...so do homeowner's associations. For instance, we live in a rural area which means we have a septic tank. We can't plant certain things within a certain footage of the tank because the roots could spread and crack through the concrete walls of the tank causing tons of monetary and environmental damage. Would you like to be my neighbor and have me say 'I don't care if my magnolia tree with it's giant roots causes my septic tank to spill sewage into our neighborhood...this is Amurrica, dammitt and I'll plant what I want!' ?
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 2:48 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Silly ANON...do you honestly think all I do is sit on CM and post?! Honey, I HAVE written my senators already! I post this information so those of you who are too scared to show your fictitious screen names and the lurkers can ALSO do something about it, instead of trying to silence those attempting to actually be PRODUCTIVE!!!!

So...."SHUT UP!"  lol

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:51 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• mizkaye, you simply don't get it. And I am done trying to explain anything to stubborn libs who insist on wearing rose-colored glasses and wear their ObamaBlinders!.

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:54 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• And?

What it means is Cap & Trade is regulating MUCH more than just pollution and climate change. And yes, there are already zoning laws, so WHY does the government have to create a new level of bureaucracy when local zoning laws are already in place?

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 2:57 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Thank you, Lori! I didn't know about this. We seriously need to make sure this doesn't pass the Senate. Folks, we may wake up one day to find that we're in the U.S.S.A.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 3:05 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL! I get that some folks around here are starting to sound like raving lunatics. And I do believe that rose-colored glasses are a much classier fashion accessory than tin-foil hats.
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 3:09 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

Why didn't you check all this out before you planted 71/2 years ago?
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 3:10 PM on Jul. 12, 2009