• In the Spotlight:

ive been breastfeeding for 7 months am i drying up ??

my right breast feels not as full an more as how my breast are normally ive noticed ive also started leaking out of it an have never had this problem before my left 1 is pretty full a still firm feeling.. is my right 1 drying up ?!?!?! i breastfeed on both side's ! i plan on breastfeeding till my daughter is 2 - 21/2 so really hope this is normal ??

redivy

Asked by redivy at 3:00 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I thought that I had the same problem and worried about drying up. I didn't until my son weaned at 14 months. Make sure that you drink plenty of water and keep nursing as equally as possible on both sides. You should be fine :)
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 3:19 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• If you're leaking I wouldn't worry about drying up, sounds like you've got plenty! After you've been breastfeeding for a while your boobs will soften up, I worried too, when my son was about 8 mos old, but he's almost 11 mos now and still going strong.
    wadesmum

Answer by wadesmum at 5:05 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• To me, it seems like there isn't a problem. I'd advise you to continue to just nurse on demand. It should be ok.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:13 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• If you are nursing on demand and not supplementing, you will not just dry up. If the demand is there, the supply will always follow.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 7:49 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• If shes nursing its physically impossible for one breast just to dry up, and it would have to be something like hormonal BCP or a thryoid issue for both breasts just to dry up...count diapers if no solids 6-8 diapers a day is the norm, if eatting solids 4-5 diapers a day is ok...check out www.kellymom.com for more info on supply
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 8:03 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• thank you every 1 ive been nursing my daughter on demand.. an its started to get a lil bit more full.. but steel seems pretty empty by the look of it but there is still alot of milk coming out. i think i was just freaking out because it is a very scary thing i want to keep breastfeeding for as long as i can :]
    well up to 21/2 years lol
    redivy

Answer by redivy at 6:01 AM on Jul. 14, 2009