Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


who do you call if you know a baby is in the hands of a drunk parent? i went to my girlfriends house today and found her stumbling drunk. the baby was crying and had poop all over his self. he is only 4 weeks old! i took the baby home with me with her consent. but, im afraid to take him back there! who do i call to tell them? i know her parents are the same way

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Answers (8)
  • calll her family...does the mother have a mom? call her and tell her whats happening.

    Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 3:16 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

  • CPS would be the ones to call. They need to be made aware of the situation that the baby is in.

    Does the baby have a father? Call him too, if thats possible.

    Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:17 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

  • the cops

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

  • call the hospital an tell them what happened..
    and ask them who to call theyll have a good idea.
    that terrible by the way i dont no how any mother could do that to there child.

    Answer by redivy at 3:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

  • Please call either the police, the hospital or Child Protective Services. Don't give that baby back!!! I am almost in tears imagining a poor little newborn crying for it's mom and not getting what it needs. Please stay strong and DO SOMETHING!

    Answer by stepmom929 at 3:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

  • Call the police first. They will follow the proper procedures and get CPS involved.

    Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 4:17 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

  • I agree with everyone who said to call the police. Also can you stay there with her and take care of the baby until she is sober or the police arrive?

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

  • How old is she, and how old are you? Are you the father?
    Call the police

    Answer by BambiF at 8:08 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.