sick of SAHM's that..

think they are soo much better cause they have 10 hrs a day with their children and that the working moms that work cause they want to not cause they have too are such horrid people.. ever think they want to be able to stand on their own 2 feet if a marriage goes array? or have a degree and like to use it.. yes they see their kids 4 hrs a night and all weekend long does that mean they love them any less? NO it don't so sick of the SAHM's that think its the worst thing to do no offense who made you holier then the next person? oh and then to call you sad cause you choose to work .. really that's sad? i love my job and my extra income and knowing if anything happens i can provide for me and my family w/o a man

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• Ever think that some SAHMs are that way by force, not by choice?

Don't judge a book by its cover.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:17 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• nice vent. you're a good mother. did you need someone to tell you that?
    Anonymous

• op- if your forced to be a SAHM that's fine no biggie but i hate when the ones that CHOOSE to be a SAHM criticize those that choose to work is what bugs me
    Anonymous

• and anon .. no i didn't im just expressing what ive seen and its frustrating that they think woman can be president of a fortune 500 company or anything down to janitor.. and not be a good mother cause they work
    Anonymous

• Theres no such thing as someone forced to be a sahm or working mom. We all do this out of CHOICE. EVERYONE has choices. I choose to be a sahm. Thats me. Ive always been at home, and I will remain at home. I do not however, judge another person for how they do their life. Its their life and their children and its not my business. All sahm moms arent like that. SUre I have my opinions about daycare and kids who are there all day, but its simply that.....my opinion. It doesnt make it gods honest truth, and it doesnt mean it applies to everyone. You seem a little defensive of your choices. If youre happy with what you do and how you do it, then dont go looking for reassurance by slamming others who arent like you. Thats what youre doing. Just be confident in your choices. You will stay mad and frustrated all the time if you dont. Again...just my opinion. Take the part that helps and throw out the rest.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• ive never judged anyone and i dotn see that on here
    i think you need to get your panties un bunched
    Anonymous

• OP-ok not all do judge i should have clarified that but the ones that do is what bugs me.. and i go commando lmao so no panties in a bunch lol jk
    Anonymous

• I think its great to be a working mother or a sahm, either way you are providing for your family. I was active duty Army, but got out after I had my twins (11 weeks early) I was going to stay in but they could not go to day care until they were at least 6 months old, so I stayed home and was happy, then when they turned 14 months I landed a great paying job on base with a contracting company (18.15 per hour) but I just quit a month ago to stay home with my kids, I love being home with them, but then again I love to work as well, so I am getting my degree online!
    mamaof32007

Answer by mamaof32007 at 3:34 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I'm a sham but I don't down on mothers who work I envy Yes I like being with my kids but I'm with them so much I don't get to miss. I would love to go back to work but I can't afford day care. So maybe their envious did you think of that.

hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:36 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I'm a SAHM by choice, but I know some SAHM's that say it is NOT their choice, they do it bc of financial problems or bc they can't get a job that pays more than daycare. More often than not, they feel trapped and tend to take it out on other people. I try to avoid those whenever possible, bc I feel like they are taking their frustrations out on the wrong people. I would much rather see a happy working mom who doesn't feel frustrated or upset, than see a SAHM like those.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 3:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2009