Anyone elses freaking AC out?

Our AC broke 2 days ago and we got it fixed last night then today it broke again!!!! It is 108 in Fort Worth Texas and I am pissed off and pregnant!!!! Any one else having AC problems in the same boat as me!? UUGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 3:28 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• OP ~ I hear ya sweetie! I remember being hugely pregnant during the summer heat and humidity in VA about 18 years ago and the apartment manager dragged his butt about fixing our a/c when it died. I ended up in the hospital and then my husband checked me into a hotel. We gave the landlord a letter letting him know about the medical necessity and the cost of the hotel and the a/c was fixed that very night.
    I don't know if you are a tenant or a homeowner, but if you are renting then call the landlord and tell him you will be sending him a hotel bill because of medical necessity (you are pregnant and need a/c). Let's see how fast it gets fixed then.
    Hang in there.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• sorry lol no ours is fine and its like 110 here and i dont even want to know the heat index lol
    Anonymous

• Ours broke the other day and it was horrible. Thankfully my SO was able to fix it after work. I feel for you
    chrissifaye

Answer by chrissifaye at 4:04 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• thankfully i live in a state where you dont need ac. just another reason why i love washington.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 4:06 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Oh man, that happened to us a few years ago and it was really, really hot (105 not including the dang heat index and it was humid as anything) and my youngest was only a week old at the time so she was cranky because I was hot, hormonal and cranky. We finally bought a window a/c and put it in out bedroom and closed the door and practically lived in there. We had to because the second time the guy came out to fix it he said a coil was rusted and that water had gotten into the system and ruined a lot of stuff. We had to wait a week to get a new one installed. Fortunately we had our Sears card and really good credit at the time. I'd have died w/ no a/c. Hope you get yours fixed soon.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 4:36 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Ours is on the verge. It's working it's butt off (we're worried it's about to freeze up) and it cant get the temp below 80 in here. It's 105 with a heat index of 115 outside.
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 5:04 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• hot flashAC what's that

oh the thing we put in the window that my boyfriend still has sitting on the floor in the basement signed, hot and humid in Wisconsin

boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 5:21 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• AC problems no, but our heater died on us this past winter, we had no heat for a week (my son, the cats and me went to live at my moms LOL) and my hubby fought with the heater repair guy to get the heater working again (he said it wasn't broken even though it wasn't heating the house). Then we had several pipes that froze and burst! A few (maybe 20) angry phone calls and the repair company took 50% off our bill and paid to have the pipes replaced. No body pisses my hubby off.
    SolaraDarkset

Answer by SolaraDarkset at 10:39 PM on Jul. 12, 2009