how would you feel CONT....

"I do want to see your family but you drive right by my house and dont stop and I worked all week" While I was trying to text that I get another text and didnt read it because I was still trying to get my text done so I finished and sent it and read hers "im going to bed" then I get another text "DID YOU NOT READ MY TEXT IM GOING TO BED!!" She was really snotty but I dont feel its my fault because she drives right past my road its only a mile out of her way if she wanted to see me she would stop. Why should I have to go an hour and a half out of my way to peoples houses that I dont even know that well. We tell each other everything but Im thinking shes really not a good friend especially since she was so snotty lastnight.

heavenlypeace

Asked by heavenlypeace at 3:33 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• I would probably talk to her and see why she was acting like that. She may have been tired from the trip, and just taking it out on you. At the same time, I do NOT think you are wrong for feeling the way you do. You should not have to go an hour and a half when her drive takes her right past your house. I'm not really sure what I would do since I've never been in a situation like this, but I think I would call her to talk about it. I don't know that I would let this end a great friendship, but if it isn't that good of one anyway, maybe it's time to cut your ties. As we get older, we sometimes lose touch with some old friends. I have some that I talk to only ocassionally, and some I talk to frequently. Our lives just take us in different directions sometimes. Good luck!
    MPWifeJessicia

Answer by MPWifeJessicia at 5:33 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• perhaps she has a lot on her plate, and is taking it out on you. It could be a number of reasons.. the best thing to do is try to stay calm and peaceful about it. Apologize to her about the mix ups you both had, and tell her your door is always open, just give you a heads up, so you can try to be home. If it was just the stress of the trip that got to her, I'm sure after you apologize (even if it's not your fault).. she will open up and tell you why she acted like she did, and apologize too.. make you BOTH feel better..
    if it's more than that (an issue with your friendship), she won't be so ready to explain, and won't offer an apology back.. thus telling you it's time to move on from this friendship.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:39 PM on Jul. 12, 2009