Cockroaches. The country or the city?

I always grew up in the country. I lived in 3 different small towns and just recently 2 years ago moved to the city. Well, we now cannot get rid of cockroaches! They are HORRIBLE! I never had them until I moved to the city. I was wondering if there was just something wrong with my house or if it has to do with living in the city. If you have cockroaches (you can answer anon), do you live in the country or the city?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Have you checked if there are any openings in your house? We had roaches in our house which baffles us because is a new house and we figured out that the bottom door opening to the front door was big enough for bugs to come through so that fixed our problem.We live in the city.
    Anonymous

• every apartment I've had in bigger cities and the 'burbs of big cities have had roaches. I guess they don't freak me out because I grew up with them and always had Raid in the house. Now I live on the outskirts of a city, by no means the country, and no roaches. I think it is people living in close proximity to one another.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 5:28 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• We've always lived in the city and never had roaches. If you are relatively clean then the family living there before you must not have been. We also get an exterminator service out every 2 months to spray around the outside of the house.
    Anonymous

• we are clean freaks and we still see raoches and we never had them living in the country
    but we live in vegas too lol
    try getting some of that gel bait and go around your sinks and drains that is where they like to come in at ..
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:23 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:25 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• We had them when we lived in a city...now we're more suburban and don't have them.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 11:44 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• We live in Chicago, and have never had them. Mice, yes, roaches no.

Try putting out borax and bay leaves; keep your kitchen very dry

Answer by rkoloms at 12:20 PM on Jul. 13, 2009