• In the Spotlight:

Marine Corps Wives !!!!!!!!

My Fiance is going into the Marine Corps and we wanted to know what is it really like in the day of a life as a Marine Corps wife and mother ???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Hooah!!!! We are Air Force, but we support your families new endeavors 100%... Good Luck and God Bless!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:58 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• My brothers son is in the marines.They cuss alot and alot of them on staioned in the middle east.
    marievegan

Answer by marievegan at 5:27 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• LOL..there's a lot of civilians that cuss a lot, so that means nothing. And you dont get "stationed" in the middle east (usually)...you get deployed...HUGE difference.
    Anyway, I am a Navy wife. I cant speak for the Marines, but I do know that many times it depends on his job and where he's stationed. But you can count on long days and a lot of time away. But there is a pride and love that comes with it, that you can't explain or experience before being in love with a military man.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 5:36 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I'm also a NAVY Mother, who has a son that was shipped with the Marines to the middle east. they both depend on each other, and god bless them, safe home, and Thank you for his service..Somma
    Somma

Answer by Somma at 6:27 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Well I'm a Marine Wife and mother and depending on what your Marine's MOS is will dictate what happens in the day and the life of a USMC wife. My husband is 0351 so he is gone alot in the field and yes deployed often. You get out what you put in. You basically live your life as you want and just go with the flow of the MC.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 6:34 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Army Wife Here!!! HOOAH!!.... it all depends on his M.O.S. really... regardless the beginning is going to SUCK for him!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 11:38 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• The wife part isn't that bad. I agree with "you get out what you put in" statement. You really have to make a home where you live. Involve yourself with your husband's company, volunteer, take a class, join a group, make friends. Depending on his MOS you might see him a lot or a little. Training before deployments takes up a lot of time but the deployment lengths are bearable. Usually 7 months gone, 1 year (or more) home. My husband was a mechanic 1341/1342 Heavy Equipment & Small Craft boats. He had pretty regular hours until his predeployment training came up. He could come home for lunch or I'd take lunch to his shop. He was usually home by dinner. 96's are great. I don't agree that the beginning is going to suck. Bootcamp is difficult for some but after graduation you're a Marine. They get respect & freedom. Life gets easier. My husband had a blast at MCT & his MOS schools. Semper Fi--Ooh Rah!
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 3:48 PM on Jul. 30, 2009