mouse wont right click etc

ok so im on a laptop and my mouse wont right click. this means that i cant create new folders,rename items,save as or copy and paste. right now im using an external mouse but that doesnt fix my computer,it only goes around the problem.with this mouse pluged in, i cant plug in my external hard drive or my card reader to take pics off of my camara. can someone please help me fix this? its an acer aspire 5315-2153 running vista

USAF.Wife

Asked by USAF.Wife at 3:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I hope you have gotten help, if not try posting your question here

Computer Moms - Computer Heaven

They even have a live chat to help if noone is around the group.

Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 11:37 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Hey Amy.. have you tried to clean it out?? Forgive me if you allreday have I know that the ball can get all gunked up & it won't roll as fast so I can get it out & clean it but sometimes there can probably be dirt in the ridges in the .. you might try to a can of air & squirt it in the spaces of the mouse.. otherwise you may just have to buy a new one.. My wireless one just stopped working too so I had to go back to useing my track ball the other day. & I loved my wireless one too .. it's PINK lol
    dznelovr

Answer by dznelovr at 1:19 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• hey heather, yeah its the mouse thats attached to the laptop that wont work :(
    im having to use an external mouse with ball now.

liansmommie, thank you. i will check out that link!
    USAF.Wife

Answer by USAF.Wife at 5:08 PM on Jul. 15, 2009