what can I do? reference help!

I am hoping to become a nanny but all my references are years old. aside from family I really haven't done much babysitting lately. should I try to contact the old references and see if I can still use them or should I give up on that idea? I do have family and one other person who I can use giving me a total of 3 references, but I was hoping to have two or three other references that weren't family. thanks for any advice.
ETA: my sister thinks I should use people who have seen me interact with my ds... that wouldn't work though would it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• I would see if you can use the old ones. I still use references from 10 yrs ago, b/c the people gave me such glowing ones, but I am still friends with them, too. But I would give that a shot.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 4:08 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Not too old, contact your old references and see if you can use them. They are the still your best advocate to let people know how well you worked with their children. Just explain to your potential clients that your references are from former clients (don't even dwell on how long it's been), just say that you are entering back into this career.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 6:10 PM on Jul. 12, 2009