How on earth can I get pregnant?

My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant since last november, and no matter what I do I can't seem to get it done..I have had surgery and I know my tubes are clear.Please help me is there anything I can do to increase my chances?

jadions_mom

Asked by jadions_mom at 4:08 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• First of all you have to relax. And you might want to buy a ovulation predictor kit. My sister has been trying for a year to get pregnant with no success. She was about to go back on birth control last month but out of nowhere she finds out she's pregnant. So just be patient and try to figure out when you ovulate that way you'll when the best time to have sex is.

Samantha_1629

Answer by Samantha_1629 at 4:35 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Well I was afraid to take that test because I have been told by friends when you have sex while your actually ovulating than it becomes a chore....is this true?
    jadions_mom

Answer by jadions_mom at 4:53 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Not if you make it fun. And it's best to only have sex about every other day. Sperm live for up to 72 hours in the uterus. And it also takes a guy about two days to make enough sperm because most won't reach the egg. So the more he makes the better the chance of conceiving.
    Samantha_1629

Answer by Samantha_1629 at 5:54 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• the every other day technique works for a lot of people, me included. I start 10 days after the start of my period and go EOD for about 12 more days. Its also helpful to know when you ovulate, the smiley face tests are the best cause they're easy to read. Using them with the EOD method is good.
    Anonymous

• A new study suggests having sex every day, days before and after you ovulate. Sperm are healthiest if they are constantly being manufactured. During the time that you are not ovulating, he should be ejaculating everyday.
    And yes, RELAX!!! Stress hormones put a major strain on baby making! Also, perhaps he could get his swimmers tested.
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 11:42 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Do you chart your temperatures? Temperatures alone won't tell you when you've ovulated until it's already happened, but if you check other signs like cervical mucus it can help you know when you are ovulating. You just need to be close to when you ovulate, I've always thought it was ridiculous on T.V. shows when people are like "Oh my Gosh, I have to go home from work, I'm ovulating RIGHT NOW!" I charted and used ovulation predictor kits. Although now I know my body well enough I don't need it.
    And the other thing that might help, it worked for me twice. Is Instead cups. I haven't heard anything about them in a while, but I heard about them before I conceived my son, it seemed like everyone was talking about them on fertility friend. You buy them over with pads and tampons. Put one in after you dtd and leave it there for a while, or overnight. It could have just been chance but after trying for a year it worked the 1st time.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 8:32 AM on Jul. 13, 2009