• In the Spotlight:

Would you take a day off work to look for another job?

benjamink

Asked by benjamink at 4:08 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• Yes, I have in the past and it paid off!
    I love my job now and if you are unhappy with your current job and seriously wanting to quit, go look elsewhere. It may be work out for you.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 4:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Other than taking off a couple of hours for an interview, I do not understand why you would need to. I do career and job search coaching; feel free to contact me if you have any questions

Answer by rkoloms at 4:34 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Most of the classified ads in my town specify to apply for positions in person.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 4:43 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Yes, absolutely. Sometimes it's the only thing you can do.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 5:48 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• no. you can do look online and read the paper and send out resumes without taking a day off from work. If you had to at least just take half a day off unless money isn't an issue
    Anonymous

• Only if you have vacation time coming to you, but I wouldn't try taking a sick day to do it. You never know who will see you and let your current or potential employer know what you are up to.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:57 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Yes...If you need to find a new job, take off and search. good luck
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 8:38 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I would do a job search online looking at the major websites and also the local newspaper. You can put out a resume and then when they want to see you take 2 hours off instead of the whole day because you may have many interviews and wouldn't want to spend all your paid leave looking for a job.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 11:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2009