How do I get my 4 yr. to stay dry at night?

I stop giving her drinks at a certain time but I still have problems.

Jennifer33076

Asked by Jennifer33076 at 4:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• idk, i was lucky enough for my dd to stop peeing in her pull up @ night about a month ago & she'll be 3 in 2 weeks.... i've heard that some kids just need more time. i take my little girl to the potty every night b4 bed & tell her to go potty if she wakes up & has to pee, she hasn't had an accident so far & has been wearing panties to bed... GL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:45 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• If her bladder's not ready, then it 's just not ready. Give her time for her body to mature. Keep her in pullups in the meantime. Otherwise, go about waking her up once or twice a night and make her go potty - but if she's a heavy sleeper, then just let her body take it's own time. Restricting drinks before bed isn't the answer and leaves kids thirsty.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 6:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Wish I knew, I stopped the drinks, woke her up etc.etc.etc. hasn't worked. So I just keep the diapers and the plastic pads on the mattress and hope she'll get over it soon.
    Anonymous

• I think you should take away the pull ups and just have her help you remake the bed. Children will stop peeing the bed when their bladder is mature enough and when they have incentive to stop.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• anon 1"09 shut up, you can't MAKE a 4 y/o wake up in time to use the potty when her body is ready she'll go
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:51 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• when I was teach my dd to stay dry at night I would put her on the potty right before I went to bed at night usually around midnight after about 4 months she would get up on her on most night. She very rarely has accidents now and is 4 1/4.
    minniemommie

Answer by minniemommie at 11:56 PM on Jul. 14, 2009