Spit up question

So for the past day or so my daughter, who is almost 5wks has had spit up that resembles cottage cheese. anyone else have this? Im kinda worried bc it seems like an awful lot, and it happens almost every time she nurses.

Proudmama2007

Asked by Proudmama2007 at 4:40 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (-5 Credits)
  • she may not like the warmth of the breast milk since it's so hot out, sounds like clabbored milk to me
    Anonymous

• If you're "kinda worried" then call the pediatrician. That's what they are there for.
    Anonymous

• So my daughter didn't breastfeed but she spit up all the time and there were times she would spit up the milk like you said and it was curddled milk I was told it was the milk that made it to her stomach and came back up. She is seven months now and still spits up cause thats all she ever did since she was born but nothing like that anymore I would just call and ask the pedi and see what they say but i wouldn't worry....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• It's just half digested milk. No big deal (no, you're milk won't curdle in your breast due to heat!). As long as she's gaining, making plenty of wet diapers and happy, you're all good.
    You can try cutting out main trigger foods to see if it helps, but spit up is mostly a laundry issue.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:21 AM on Jul. 13, 2009