Curious...

Can birth control pills cause a second spontaneous ovulation if you take them sporadically? In other words, I went on the pill...took them correctly for a week or so, then missed several days, then took them several days, then missed a day or so. Then went off of them over a week, took one, missed again. (I suck at remembering these things, and I'm not worried about getting pregnant right now...) My period came on time, and I had very unprotected sex the day after it stopped. I figured, okay... I JUST finished so I wouldn't be ovulating for at least a week. No worries. But a day or so later I began lightly cramping as if I were ovulating, and I was curious to know if my sporadic pill taking may have cause that to happen? Not worried either way, a baby would be nice...just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• odds ar eyou could be pregnant you arent even taking them close to right so they arent even affective for you
    why take the pill if you arent going to do it right? there are other birth controls out there
    the shot you go 3 months
    Anonymous

• Hi, OP here! I had gotten the pills when I did my yearly exam...and at the time we thought we'd be waiting awhile before trying again. Then hubby and I discussed it and we decided to try and aim for me giving birth while school would be out. (I start going online soon...) That would mean a few months from now, so I would have to stop taking them NOW before we could try so it'd be safe. So a lot of the improper taking was me stopping them half through because we changed our minds.
    Anonymous