9 months old with 103.2 fever,what do i do?

my dd has been running a fever since friday night(i didnt check it then but she felt really warm when she went to sleep) saturday morn it was 101,Saturday night it was 102.5 and an hour ago it was 103.2! i caled the on call nurse from her pedi and she said bring her in tomorrow and only take her to er if it goes up to 105 and wont come down. last time she had a fever her pedi said to alternate between motrin and tylenol and thats what ive been doing since saturday morning,and this nuse said not to do that.
my sister said when her son(3years) was lil they told her if the fever reaches 101 or higher or last more then 24 hours then u should go to the er.
should i take her to the er? or wait till tomorrow? she also has been a lil constipated and tired the whole weekend and wants to lay around or sleep all day.

doosti

Asked by doosti at 4:53 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That nurse sounds dumb. I'd take her to the ER. Now.
    Samantha_1629

Answer by Samantha_1629 at 4:55 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Call the doctor. If your doctor doesn't have an after hours answering service of some sort, find a new doctor.

You have a sick little one, with a fever. And you're taking time to go online and ask a medical question instead of asking one with a medical degree?

What does your mother's intuition say to do?
    Anonymous

• Try putting a cool rag on her forehead and see if you can break the fever. Maybe even a luke warm bath. Good luck hope she feels better.
    brandiwr

Answer by brandiwr at 4:57 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• anon i did call u would know that if u read the question and she said only go to er if fever reaches 105 and wont go down
    doosti

Answer by doosti at 4:58 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I'd take her to the ER, are you taking her temp from under the armpit ? Because if you are add a degree. My nurse practioner told me that under a year old they take high temps seriously, and if it ever went over 103 to take him to the ER. If she has anything that she needs antibiotics for it's better to start them sooner anyway. You'll be a nervous wreck if you wait till tomorrow! If she was acting normally I'd say wait but it doesn't sound like she's feeling very well either GL
    wadesmum

Answer by wadesmum at 4:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• id go to th er
    good luck hun
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:06 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Go to the er a fever that high is extremely dangerous.
    Anonymous

• You definitely need to get her medical attention ASAP. That is a VERY high fever!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 5:07 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• 9 months? I would take her in. I have 4 kids, if the baby is lethargic you need to take her in. When my kids have a fever I take their clothes off except for the diaper and wipe their heads with a cool wet rag. Give tylenol and motrin alternatively. like if you give her motrin at noon four hours later give tylenol then four hours after that give motrin. That way she is always covered. I would take her in. Will she drink? She could be in danger of dehydration.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 5:07 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• by the way - make sure you let your doctor know what that nurse told you - I can't imagine he would want her telling parents to ignore such a high fever!
    stepmom929