Ok this is off the parenting subject but i need help!!!

ok my sister just moved into this house which is owned by a bank but some guy is renting it to her i guess for the bank anyway the hose has some major things that needs imidiate attention. she has 4 children from age 4 to 3 months and the water doesnt work in half the house and the roof in one of the rooms looks as if its going to fall. she has called the man who rented them the home
but he wont answer the phone or return any of their calls also he will not give her the name of the bank or fix the problems. so my question is how can we find out who owns the home. we have search online and only get a picture of the home the address, how many rooms and the year it was built.Can some one please help us figure this out. thanks.

dolphinfanatic

Asked by dolphinfanatic at 4:53 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• One way to get in touch with this guy would be to stop paying rent until he contacts her! It's illegal to rent a house that isn't in working order - do you know what bank owns the house? I've never heard of a bank owned home being rented out by some slum-lord...this all sounds very strange. She needs to figure out who's in charge and contact them immediately. Good luck!!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 5:06 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I bet he's not answering the phone! What he's doing is breaking the law. I would withhold rent, and next time he calls tell him that unless its fixed, the next person he talks to will be a lawyer. Find out which bank it is if you can as well, and talk to them. Surely they don't want the bad publicity of the situation, and will fix the problem asap. Good luck!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 5:13 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• you should be able to find out online who owns the home. The county should have a website for that. Call the Health Dept and see if they have a Health Inspector. They know how to find slum landlords and get things taken care of.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:17 PM on Jul. 12, 2009