what does CIO mean in peoples signatures?

I saw it in a mamas signature thing that she was a vaxing, ciricng, non-CIO mama...I have no issue with these things just was curious what CIO is

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I believe that is cry it out.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:14 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Yep it means they let their babies cry it out so they learn to soothe themselves. And I have heard of some CIO Mom's letting their babies cry for 30 min at a time. Just plain sad!
    Anonymous

• ooh =( thank you for answering...that is really really sad to me. Babies dont need the help of adutls to comfort them and understand why they are upset and heck they are BABIES heck my baby has only been on this earth for 13 weeks and she needs my help with things...crazy idea i know ..ugh i almost wich i didnt know what cio means now..it really makes me sad for those babies.
    Anonymous

• *do..babies *do* need the help of adults...sorry miss typed that
    Anonymous