Dry cleaning question

okay. sorry for the stupid question. i am going to get something dry cleaned and i've never had anything dry cleaned before. My questions is simple.
Do you pay for it when you drop it off or pick it up?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 5:28 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The place I go to, you pay when you pick it up.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:39 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Always when you pick it up. Not a dumb question.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 6:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Depends on the dry cleaning place. I was always used to paying when I picked up, but my husband began to use a place called Zips and I was shocked when I found out that they require payment when you drop off and they ONLY accept cash - no other payments.

Quick story about Zips, though - my husband started to use them because their prices were incredibly low, but the last time I picked up his drycleaning I noticed that the armpits in his suits were discolored. I took a cautionary whiff and they stunk like BO! We took them to one of our other dry cleaning places that charges more, but they actually clean the clothing!
    If you use Zips, look and smell the BO zones.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:10 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• It depends on the place you go to, some make you pay up front (if they do keep the receipt that says you already paid!!).
    SolaraDarkset

Answer by SolaraDarkset at 10:29 PM on Jul. 12, 2009