Ovarian cysts...

Is it normal for a cyst to hurt so bad that it hurts to walk? I have an ovarian cyst and it hurts all the way down. It's extremely painful to walk or do anything. What should I do?

agrafel

Asked by agrafel at 5:53 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Health

• You should call the doctor. Every woman gets cyst when we get out periods,most of us don't know at all. They go away and come back ect.....
    But there are some of us that get them and they don't go away. Then they have to be removed. They can be dangerous because if they burst. So i would call the doctor and get checked out. Good luck hun. :)
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 6:06 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I would call your GYN, but let me ask you this. Have you ever had abdominal surgery? I have cyst that come and go. I know when they are there because it hurts. My GYN said it was from my appendectomy scar tissue. Same thing when I ovulate. I can tell when it's on my right side.

asiamommi

Answer by asiamommi at 6:20 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• i have poly cystic ovaries and have had many rupture and not much drs can do after that point. what works for me is Tylenol or advil and a heat pad on the area or warm bath and try to do little as possible, i had some hurt so bad i was doubled over and balling. and there isnt much you can do to prevent them either i was put on BC to help control them but still had cyst but not as often and are cause by the ovary not releasing the egg right. hope you feel better soon
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 6:27 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• The only surgery I have had is 2 c-sections. Last year when we found out that I had a cyst it was 2.5 inches on my left ovary but now I think I have one on both sides. My whole abdomen is killing me right now. I have tried Tylenol, aleve, and generic pain reliever and that isnt working. I have even tried the heat. Idk if this has anything to do or not but it may be tmi also, with my last period, every time i put in a new tampon i always hit this little bump right inside of me that i never noticed before. I'm thinking i should have went to the dr then but i dnt have insurance.
    agrafel

Answer by agrafel at 6:37 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• if thats the case then find a free clinic or make arrangements dr for payments and get seen asap there SHOULDNT be a bump there...cyst can turn into tumors
    Anonymous

• they hurt like the dickens but normally burst on their own. I would talk with my dr though if it continues.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• go to the doctor immediatly.......i wound up pinned under my steering wheel one day because of this....i didnt know it, but i has a cyst the was 8 inches in diameter and if it had burst, it could have been fatal.
    Anonymous