is extra virgin olive oil not suitable for"cooking"?

if no,why not?should only 2nd or 3rd compressed olive oil be used for cooking.will it give all the health benefits that one get from EVOO.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Food & Drink

• it is
    Anonymous

• it is, why wouldn't it be?
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:27 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• We have that and EVOO, but I have EVOO closer to the stove, so thats usually what I cook with. I have never noticed a difference. I use vegetable oil if frying stuff, but otherwise I use extra virgin olive oil.
    Brittney357

Answer by Brittney357 at 7:03 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• It is just fine for cooking, but not for frying. Olive oil has a lower smoking point than what you need for a suitable frying temp. I love good quality olive oil and I use it when I want the flavor. Other times I use canola, since olive oil is more expensive. I love Bertolli, Filippo Berio, the greener looking ones.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:58 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I use it for cooking all the time. The only oil I cook with is EVOO. Just don't use it for deep frying.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:58 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• :Answered at 4:03 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 by: Brittney357
    We have that and EVOO, but I have EVOO closer to the stove, so thats usually what I cook with. I have never noticed a difference. I use vegetable oil if frying stuff, but otherwise I use extra virgin olive oil. "

same here
    Jen2190620

Answer by Jen2190620 at 11:32 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I only use EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)

Answer by rkoloms at 12:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2009