What is the worst/dumbest thing said to you at a business?

I was just reading a journal post where the lady was pointing out that if you are working in service, you can expect that customers aren't going to be perfect pretty much. Anyway, she mentioned Taco Bell and it reminded me of what I have been wanting to ask. What is the dumbest thing an employee ever said to you?

Here is mine...I was at Taco Bell with my kids and ordered a taco that was supposed to have meet and cheese. I went to eat it and there was no cheese. I went back up to the register and when they asked what was wrong, I said 'its not a big deal, i just noticed the cheese isn't on here.' An employee (female) turned to me and said 'What did you expect? You just paid a little over a dollar and you expect its going to be made right?'

I was so flabbergasted. I didn't know what to say. Another employee made it right, but I was thinking do you have to order a $10 taco to get your food right?!?

VintageWife

Asked by VintageWife at 6:30 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• When I was 8 months pregnant with my oldest, I was in a check out line at the store with my friend who was buying a pregnancy-test. My things came right after hers on the belt. The guy behind the cash register asks me" Is this your test"? I was like "Uhm, no, I already know I'm pregnant." I was huge! Idiot.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 10:19 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• LOL...that was supposed to say MEAT and cheese. I am trying to type and do other things at the same time.
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 6:30 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• thanks you got me craving taco bell now =( and im an hour away from one
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 6:34 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• i can think of plenty of dumb things CUSTOMERS have said to me, lol. i remember when i was little my dad took me to burger king and there was black stuff on the fries and they told us it was seasoning! i didnt know then, but they needed to clean the frier out. i relized that when i started working at mcdonalds and the same thing happened, except they cleaned the frier out immediately. i no longer work at mcdonalds THANK GOD! i have a real job now. lol
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 6:40 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• when I was still working, at 5 months preggo i was working on something and the front end supervisor panicked when she saw me squatting down. she told me I'd crack my babies head open and never to do that again. Another weird moment was before I got pregnant, but I had to call a collection agency to work out a payment plan for a bank. I didnt understand what the csr said so I repeated it back to her to make sure I got it right. she asked me "ARE YOU LISTENING MAAM? ARE YOU LISTENING MAAM? and hung up on me! I called back, asked to speak with the manager. he actually told me "never to call his "F*ING" office again to make a complaint." I'm dead serious! i called the bank and told them what happened. they took me off the collections list and reported them to the BBB!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:43 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• i was pregant and i really wanted i burger king. when i got there they said they were out of burgers lol.it was a sad moment for me
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 6:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• When I was pregnant I went to burger king for the first time in years! I hate BK but was craving it for some reason. I ordered a kids meal with mac and cheese, apple fries, and some milk. The girl hands me a cup for the soda fountain. Strike number one. I tell her I wanted milk and she sighs heavily agitated and gives me the milk. Then she tells me it is ready. I start to walk out but look in the bag and there is a hamburger and fries in there. Really? You messed up ALL THREE THINGS I ORDERED?? It was not like they were busy. I was the only person in there! She seemed to me to be so mad because I was bothering her.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 6:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I wanted to buy 2 1/2 yards of vinyl at Wal-mart. The woman spent about five minutes trying to write up a slip, then told me she couldn't sell me that because you can't divide $2.50 a yard by 2. I told her you could, and it was $1.25, so she should charge me $6.25 for the fabric. She looked at me, incredulous. Then she wrote up the slip for 6.25.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:07 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I used to work for a McD's as a manager when I was in college and I used to have customers ask some of the dumbest questions. The one that really got me was a woman who argued with one of the girls that worked drive through bc she wanted a six piece chicken nugget. The girl kept repeating it back as a half-dozen and she kept saying "NO that's not what I ordered!" and started calling the girl names, like stupid. Lol we finally told her we were out of the six piece and only had a half dozen, and she accepted that answer! It boggles the mind....
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 7:07 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I was a cashier in a drug store I had three very stupid customers. One was a women dropping off film and got a single dot of pen on her blouse and demanded that we reimburse her for the shirt, two some girls came and bought a pregnancy test then tried to return it saying that it had been used and three a young girl and her grand mother came in one day. The girl tried to buy smokes but she was underage. I told her sorry but I cannot sell them to you, she told me that although she was only 16 she was emancipated and actually thought that that meant she was also of legal age. After about 5 minutes of arguing the grandmother steps in and says that she will buy them. Well HELLO I might as well have sold them to the girl so I told her no as well. Lots of yelling later and they left.
    fuelsgirl2

Answer by fuelsgirl2 at 7:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2009