life weeding out idiosyncrasies

I was in a conversation yesterday with another lady of my age telling me how she cannot work because of her anxiety issues. I thought to myself, why hasn't she found an equilibrium between herself and the world by now?

I did have some post drama of dealing with the general public and bad bosses, especially when life took a whirlwind when I got out of the military. But I confronted those personal issues to find a middle so that I can survive on my own.

Is it accurate to assume that idiosyncrasies are best resolved when dealt with directly (and not by hiding out)?

BlueSaphire

Asked by BlueSaphire at 6:31 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Yes, that would be an accurate assumption on your part. But, there are many who hide from situations, or rather, take advantage of their unresolved issues to "milk the system"....
    Anonymous

• Some people just never were taught how to cope, and never find a way that works for them, so they just "check out" of society.

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 6:53 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• anxiety attacks are so real
    and until a person can learn to deal, they can not deal
    I had them years ago and was put on meds, which made me feel drunk and did little to curb the attacks. I moved out of town and quickly went off by cutting dose (probably too quickly per doc advice) within a week. I had some pretty bad headaches for a few weeks, but when the attacks came upon me, I knew they were only anxiety and went through it knowing it would pass soon. It took mind over matter, and no doctor giving me pills which I hated.
    But I have real simpathy of those in that situation

my brother has agoraphobia.
    afraid to leave the house
    i feel bad for him
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 9:37 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• boredmom44, I'm very happy that you found your way through. Fear, it seems, takes a direct confrontation to figure whether rational or not. By exploring life, I realize that the world is not what I made it to be. Therefore, I broke out of my own, just like you did.

Best
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 12:52 PM on Jul. 13, 2009