Hello! I am almost 8 weeks pregnant and dealing with some bad morning sickness. Any tricks to help fight it?

newmom0210404

Asked by newmom0210404 at 6:36 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had to eat a popcicle every morning, right when i got out of bed, the first three months.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 6:42 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I was sick morning, noon and night sometimes. I tried the Sea Band sea-sickness wrist bands, and I also used real ginger ale (not the junk from the grocery store, go to a health food store).
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 6:46 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I was sick all day! I did what the pp said, with the sea-sickness wrist bands and bought finger from the health food store! Also, try keeping crackers and Ginger Ale by your bed and before even getting out of bed eat and drink a little something.

I hope it goes away for you soon! I know how awful it can be!

Good luck and Congrats!
    Anonymous

• I totally can relate the only thing that helped me was sucking on peppermints all the time. Everytime I ate I would pop a peppermint right after and that helped the sickness go away. Or you can try taking 1g of ginger daily.
    Tat_9280

Answer by Tat_9280 at 7:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I found that if I ate a Clausen Pickle before anything else, it would help my nausea go away for an hour or two. I went through like a jar of pickles every two days. And I lived off of Campbells Chicken noodle soup and Goldfish crackers for 3 weeks, all I could keep down. Salty things tend to stay in your tummy! the next time you see your doctor, if your nausea is still bad, ask for a prescription for Zofran. It's the nausea medicine they give to people on Chemo. By taking half of a pill before every meal for a week, I didn't need anything anymore. My nausea was finally gone. (And I still have some pills left over for those random bits of pregnancy nausea)
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 7:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I got sick in the evening, what helped me was not drinking anything while I ate. I waited a few minutes after I ate to drink anything.
    Anonymous

• I read a book about morning sickness that said you should sit and imagine what kind of food you want. Cold or hot? Soft or hard? Chewy? A specific color? Do you want any certain spice? It worked for me.
    Crackers is what didn't work for me. Every morning with my first, I woke up at 5 with my DH, made his lunch, and ate a white flesh nectarine after I went back to bed. Then I'd put it in a plastic baggy and throw it away when I woke up. With my second, I ate Gogurts, any time, day or night.
    lovepotato

Answer by lovepotato at 7:46 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• crystallized ginger candy or peppermints are helpful. Pregi Pops- all natural lollipops to help with nausea- come in both ginger and peppermint. Extra Vitamin B-6...or Plain Yogurt before bed and before getting up in the morning can also help. Good Luck
    regan1

Answer by regan1 at 8:54 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I ate the firecracker pop sciles, and I also drank lemonade, I also went through a period of time, when everymorning I always had to have toast and jam!!... Also try and stay away from greesy foods in the morning...!!!
    Anonymous

• If you want the natural way I would go with peppermint, Vitamin B-12 and of course GINGER!!! If you want to cheat like I did LOL ask the doctor for Zofran. It is the most amazing anti-nausea med. It's the one they give to chemo patients so it's pretty strong and no crossover to the baby :)
    Mindi7806

Answer by Mindi7806 at 1:45 AM on Jul. 13, 2009