Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you try again?

weve done 2 donor sperm IUI's costing roughly 1300 a piece.... the first one we had 1 egg, BFN...the next one we had 3 eggs, BFN....we have 1 more vial of donor sperm left in storage. i was wondering if you would try again possible wasting another 1000 dollars or just call it quits and start saving for IVF if you had that option? if i wait its 2 years roughly.... but im afraid i will feel like shit if i do this again and get another BFN....


Asked by MiraclesDHappen at 7:03 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

Level 9 (291 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • I understand your frustration - it is a tough call and unfortunately you may only know the "best" answer in hind-sight. It's hard to know what will happen, so if you take that out of the equation, ask yourself what you are willing to go through emotionally, mentally or financially. Since there are no guarantees (I have been through 3 IVFs and 2 IUIs= 0 kids) with either of the 2 proceedures, it's best to think about what you are willing to do and what you think you can handle. Maybe taking a break and saving for IVF will work for you or you may want to give it one more try - either way, I do hope you get your miracle... you so deserve this!!

    Answer by Bellacossina at 9:20 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

  • Do it! Maybe the third time will be a charm!!

    Answer by chickensmommy at 7:05 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

  • If you have a better chance with IVF I would go that route.

    Answer by amberlong at 11:00 PM on Jul. 12, 2009