HOW LONG HAS YOUR BABY SLEPT IN YOUR BED?

MY BABY WILL BE 1 THIS WEEK. HE STILL NURSES AND HAS ALWAYS SLEPT IN OUR BED. I WAS WONDERING IF THERE ARE OTHER PARENTS LIKE ME, AND IF CHILDREN OUTGROW IT AND WHEN.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We co-slept with DD until she was just over 2 when one night she decided to sleep in her room and she never looked back, she's 4 now and has not come to sleep in our bed even ONE time since she moved to her room. In the last 2 years she has probably woken in the night and called us less than 5 times. She nursed until she was 13 months, fwiw. DS2, on the other hand, is still nursing (gasp, I know...) and is starting to make the transition into his own bed. He's taking a bit longer, he does a few nights in his bed, a few nights back in ours, etc... but we're ok with doing it on his terms...
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 7:39 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• My dd co-slept until she was six months old. When my husband came home from deployment she went right into her own bed. No problems.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 7:10 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• My dd slept in our bed until she was 3. Our ds slept in our bed until he was 2 1/2. He 4 now and still climbs in a couple times a month.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 7:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• my dd never slept with us. Now he's deployed and she won't sleep with me.. but it's better in our family anyways!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 7:13 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• NEVER! in her own room in own crib from day 1
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 7:21 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I co-slept with my son until he was about 6 weeks old && I only did that b/c he wouldn't sleep at night anywhere else but on my chest.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 7:30 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• My baby is 18 months, still nursing and still sleeping in our bed. He will continue until he shows interest in sleeping in his own space. We will then slowly transition him into his own bed. Our oldest slept with us until he was 5 and went into his own bed easily. He still loves to cuddle with Daddy on a regular basis and Daddy like it too. Thank goodnes we have a king size bed.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 8:35 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• We co-slept with our son until he was one. We didn't have another room for him until then, and it was never a problem for any of us. I was nursing him and it was so much easier for both of us. When we moved into a new house, he got his own room and after a couple of nights was sleeping in his crib in his own room with no problems. He wasn't nursing at night much by that point, but he did keep nursing during the day until he was almost two. I think it's easier to move them to their own bed when they aren't nursing at night anymore.
    Guaranteed

Answer by Guaranteed at 10:25 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Both of my boys slept with me until they were 5 and 3. And they only went into their own beds because I was so big with my daughter none of the 4 of us could sleep comfortably. My daughter is 13 and still sleeps with me on the nights her dad works overnight.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 10:27 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• wow cut the cord..
    Anonymous