Jellyfish can regenerate themselves fully

I just watched a nature show on how jellyfish can fully regenerate themselves. How this happens is when oxygen is low, the jellyfish fall to the bottom as if they're dead, and then reorganize their cells to generate a new polyp (a stack of baby jellyfish). In this way, the jellyfish can make themselves young again. The commentator said that research is being made on applying this jellyfish regeneration to the medical field.

In what way do you think that this technology can be best applied in the medical field?

do you think it's ethical to allow humans to live forever?

BlueSaphire

Asked by BlueSaphire at 7:09 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• ??
    Anonymous

• Science is cool!
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 7:45 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I think that's great for the jellyfish, but I would hate to be a tester for any medical tests beind conducted on humans for such a thing.
    I say leave nature as is.

By the way, we love watching cool shows like that, too! This History and SyFy channels are great for learning new (or old) things, too.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:48 PM on Jul. 12, 2009