• In the Spotlight:

Does anyone know how to get a free grant?

I keep getting things in the mail saying I can apply for free grant money to pay bill or whatever I need. Does anyone know how to apply for or get a grant without paying these companies anywhere from $25 to $300. Or has anyone used a company that was actually worth it?

mlg87ok

Asked by mlg87ok at 7:09 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• Beeeeeee Carefullllllll !!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is not such a thing as a free lunch. In reality, grants are very hard to apply for, let alone to receive. The easiest I know are educative, that have a very strict directive. Those with loosest directive have the highest applicants (highest competition). In reality, to advertise a grant would be almost counter productive, therefore a scam.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 7:17 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Matthew Lesko has a book and website that helps in this area. You can get the book at the library for free.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:20 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• ITS A LYE THEY JUST WANT TO TAKE YOUR MONEY THE GOV. AND PRESIDENT ARE BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
    Anonymous

• Nope. The only grant that I know of is for college expenses and they are not very difficult to get and are not very strict with them. You fill out the FAFSA, a college app and wait for approval or not. The less money you make, the more of a grant you will get.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:36 AM on Jul. 13, 2009