• In the Spotlight:

almost 18 weeks???

i was in the hospital july 2nd due to bleeding and cramping...by the end of the night it had stoped and my discharge papers said early bleeding in first trimester...then the fallowing monday i went and seen my doctor and i asked her nurse when i was going to start gaining wait instead of loosing it and she said dont worry your still in your first trimester...i thought i was well on my was into my second trimester???when does my second trimester start???

excitedmomma2be

Asked by excitedmomma2be at 7:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That nurse must have messed up your chart or just confused you with someone else. 20 weeks is halfway, so there's no way you're still in your first trimester if you're 18 weeks. I think the second trimester starts at like 13/15 weeks actually.
    I didn't gain a pound until I was 22 weeks. Then I gained 7 lbs in 3 weeks :))
    I have a friend who is 24 weeks and she still hasn't gained anything.
    Trust me, when you start feeling good enough to get up and clean all day (which for me, did start around 18 weeks) you start to feel reeeally good about the whole pregnancy. I feel amazing and I LOVE to eat now. Everything tastes soooo good and I love it when my baby reacts to the different flavors. The weight will come :) Trust me.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 7:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I thought 2nd started at 12 or 14 weeks! She must've been confused
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 7:19 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• That is pretty strange, 2nd trimester starts at 12wks. I dont know why they would tell you that. You should ask your doctor why they said that.
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 7:20 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• the first day of week 13 is the start of 2nd trimester.
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 7:51 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• 4 months preg.
    Anonymous